Minimum 6 months time in grade, expect a year.
- Points are accrued and ‘spent’ at each rank, removing the total needed to promote.
Accruing Promotion Points:
- Meeting (In-Person or Online): 5pts
- Active and constructive discussion in business poll or topic: 2pts per topic
- Participate in Social Events (Potlucks, Game nights, Movie Nights, etc): 3pts
- Attending convention (give some brief info/report about it): 5pts
- Participate/volunteer in convention: 10pts
- Attend SFI/SFMC event: 5pts
- Participate/volunteer in SFI/SFMC event: 10pts
- Attend other Approved Away Mission: 5pts
- Plan/participate/volunteer for Away Mission – 10pts
- Recruit member: 3 to 5 pts*
- 5 will be awarded for a new/renewed primary membership to SFI.
- Subsequent members on a family membership will be 3 points (maxing out at 5 members and 17 points).
- Likewise, adding to an existing family membership will be 3 points.
- Academy courses: 2 to 5pts (cap 20 points per calendar year [Jan -Dec])
- OTS, OCC, flag officer courses, and any top level course (-300, etc.): 5pts
- All other fictional courses: 2pts
- All other development (real world SFA, NCO, Officer dev, etc.) courses: 3pts
- Written article for the Endurance Report Magazine/Fleet Channels/Cry Havoc/CQ
- 5 points per article written for the Endurance Magazine
- Additional 2 points if the article is used by Fleet Channels or Cry Havoc!
- Additional 3 points if the article is used by the CQ/other international publication
- 5 Points per article written directly for a specific article (staff articles do not count)
- Volunteer Hours/Community Service (cap 60 points per calendar year):
- 1 point for every 2 hours if not obviously participating as a member of SFI
- 1 point for every hour if obviously participating as a member of SFI
- Charity donations of $50: 5pt (Cap of 20pts per year)
- Staff work (all staff should have OTS done at a minimum)
- Endurance staff – Staff do not qualify for points based on meeting attendance or discussions – that is expected. Instead they get 5 points per month for duties assigned.
- External staff/positions – 5 points per month (assuming meetings and product output).
Command Staff will assign other points as appropriate for various accomplishments.
Points needed (and spent) per rank:
|CRM3C/PVT – —||WO – 55*||ENS/2Lt – (need OTS)|
|CRM2C/PFC – 25||CWO2 – 60||LT(JG)/1LT – 35|
|CRM1C/LCPL – 30||CWO3 – 65||LT/MCPT- 50|
|PO3/CPL – 40||CWO4 – 70||LTCMDR/MAJ – 60 (need OCC)|
|PO2/SGT – 50||CWO5 – 80||CMDR/LTC – 70**|
|PO1/SSGT – 55|
|CPO/GSGT – 60|
|SCPO/MSGT – 70|
|MCPO/SGM – 80|
*Warrant is in lieu of SSGT, changing tracks from Enlisted
**Must have helped staff the recruiting table twice since last promotion. Must request the Bridge Officer Examination
OTS HIGHLY recommended for all members –
it’s just an intro into SFI and how the organization works. Good info for all.